Veículo

NewsBinding (EUA)
Em 2023: 0 notícias
Desde 1995: 37 notícias

Study shows how waste can be converted into materials for advanced industries

Publicado em 08 dezembro 2021
Between 118 and 138 million tons of organic waste are generated annually worldwide, with waste from the food production and distribution chain accounting for 100 million tons of the total. Only about 25% of all this biowaste is collected and recycled. The other 75% is simply thrown away, representing a huge loss of potential resources and major damage to the environment. These numbers are from a report published in 2018 by the European Environment Agency. Its statistics are the most recent [...]